Because we receive more applications than we can accept, the Sophia Academy Admissions Committee cannot consider an application until it is complete. There are multiple pieces to the Sophia Academy Application.
Please use the following list to make sure your application is complete. If you have questions or need help, please contact Ana Ceballos at (401) 784-0021.
1. Application for Admissions Form
2. Parent/Guardian Reflection: written responses to questions listed in the application
3. Student Reflection: Applicant’s written responses to questions listed in the application, as well as a sample of graded work the applicant is proud of.
4. Income Verification
Please submit a copy of your current Income Tax Return, a copy of your W-2 or pay stub or documentation of SSI, TDI or other government assistance. We may require parents filing their income tax separately to provide a copy of each individual return or that each provide any of the documentation noted above as may pertain to them.
5. Authorization to Release Transcripts
Once you submit this form, your child’s current school will have permission to send us her academic records (report cards, standardized test scores, IEP or 504 if applicable). You may turn the form in to Sophia Academy or directly to your student’s current school.
6. Authorization to Release Protected Health Information
Please ask your student’s physician to complete this form so we may obtain her current medical history including immunizations.
7. Teacher Recommendation Form
Please provide a Sophia Academy Recommendation Form to your student’s homeroom teacher. The teacher will complete the form and mail it directly to Sophia Academy (complete directions on form).
Please mail or drop off your complete application:
582 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, RI 02907